|Cell Biology Laboratory (LBC)
|Cell Biology Laboratory Services
Besides its research and development activities, the Cell Biology Laboratory (LBC) also provides animal cell and tissue culture services. Having large experience in the culture of several cell types, we have specialized in the isolation, proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal stem/stromal cells (MSCs).
We have expertise in the culture of MSCs obtained from distinct human tissues, such as the umbilical cord, bone marrow or adipose tissue. By the end of 2015, the laboratory obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification for service providing of Cell and tissue culture.
What we provide
- Isolation of MSCs from umbilical cord tissue (fresh or cryopreserved)*
- Isolation of MSCs from pre-digested umbilical cord tissue*
- Expansion, tri-lineage differentiation (adipo-, chondro- and osteogenesis) and colorimetric staining of MSCs obtained from the following sample types*:
• Fresh or cryopreserved umbilical cord
• MSCs (in culture or cryopreserved) previously isolated from bone marrow, adipose tissue or umbilical cord
*Samples must be provided by the client. All legal issues related to the collection and use of human tissues are within the client’s responsibility.
We are open to the possibility of developing other methods of interest that might not be listed here.
Isolation, expansion and differentiation of MSCs
Laboratory Head: Mário Grãos, PhD.
Analysis and logistics: Heloísa Gerardo, MSc. and Tânia Lourenço, MSc.
Cell culture service
Cell Biology Laboratory
UC Biotech - Parque Tecnológico de Cantanhede
Núcleo 04 - Lote 8
3060-197 Cantanhede | Portugal
Phone.:231 249 170 | Fax: 231 249 179
The Cell Biology Lab (LBC) is NP EN ISO 9001:2008 certified (registry number PT-2011/CEP.3971, by APCER) for Cell and tissue culture.