1. Neuropeptide Y stimulates autophagy in hypothalamic neurons.
Aveleira CA, Botelho M, Carmo-Silva S, Pascoal JF, Ferreira-Marques M, Nóbrega C, Cortes L, Valero J, Sousa-Ferreira L, Álvaro AR, Santana M, Kügler S, Pereira de Almeida L, Cavadas C, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2015, vol. 112, no. 13, pp. E1642-51 (IF 9.674)
2. Histamine stimulates neurogenesis in the rodent subventricular zone.
Bernardino, L. and Eiriz, M.F. and Santos, T. and Xapelli, S. and Grade, S. and Rosa, A.I. and Cortes, L. and Ferreira, R. and Bragança, J. and Agasse, F. and Ferreira, L. and Malva, J.O., Stem Cells, 2013, vol. 30, no. 4, pp 773-784 (IF 7.133)
3. Mitochondrial metabolism in Parkinson's disease impairs quality control autophagy by hampering microtubule-dependent traffic.
Arduíno, D.M. and Esteves, A.R. and Cortes, L. and Silva, D.F. and Patel, B. and Grazina, M. and Swerdlow, R.H. and Oliveira, C.R. and Cardoso, S.M., Human Molecular Genetics, 2012, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 4680-4702 (IF 7.692)
4. Polymeric nanoparticles to control the differentiation of neural stem cells in the subventricular zone of the brain.
Santos, T. and Ferreira, R. and Maia, J. and Agasse, F. and Xapelli, S. and Cortes, L. and Bragancia, J. and Malva, J.O. and Ferreira, L. and Bernardino, L., 2012, ACS Nano, vol. 6, no.12, pp . 10463-10474 (IF 12.062)
5. Controlling the neuronal differentiation of stem cells by the intracellular delivery of retinoic acid-loaded nanoparticles.
Maia, J. and Santos, T. and Aday, S. and Agasse, F. and Cortes, L. and Malva, J.O. and Bernardino, L. and Ferreira, L., ACS Nano, 2011, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 97-106 (IF 11.421)